Pages

Monday 21 January 2013

Support Seven Stories

Seven Stories is an amazing place for anyone interested in children's books and I've written about it several times before, most recently a couple of months ago when it was awarded the right to call itself "National". It's based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, a city which has become notorious for its proposals to withdraw all the funding it gives to cultural organisations. You can find details on the Seven Stories site about how this will affect the Centre along with an email address and a suggested text for responding to the Council's consultation exercise - this ends on 1st February, so there's not much time left. Newcastle is also proposing to close several of its branch libraries, including the one I used when I was growing up, so I've written today about both things. If you are interested, you can read my letter with my reasons for protesting over on my library blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment