Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2012

National Libraries Day

National Libraries Day this year is Saturday, 4th February. National Libraries Day is devoted to all types of libraries, library users, staff and supporters across the UK. Join in by organising a celebratory event, contributing to the NLD forums, tweeting with the #NLD12 hashtag or visiting your local library on the 4 February or the days leading up to it. I'm getting involved personally by organising a library crawl using the Glasgow Subway, but I thought I'd like to do something at Jordanhill too.

 I quite often win books for the library through Twitter, blogs or by email from publishers. Sometimes when the books arrive they aren't quite suitable and I give them away again. I thought, therefore, I'd have a draw for library members for the ones I have at the moment:

For primary age children, The bumper book of Bob by Simon Bartram. This has stickers, puzzles and games so once the first person had done them it wouldn't be much use to the library!

For secondary age children, I have four teenage novels which are uncorrected proofs. These are:
Fracture by Megan Miranda, a thriller which starts with a near-death experience.
Mockingbird  by Kathryn Erskine about the grief caused by a school shooting.
The prince who walked with lions by Elizabeth Laird about an African prince at boarding school in Victorian England.
The weight of water by Sarah Crossan, a novel composed of poems about Kasienka who arrives in London from Gdansk.




How to win? Email your name and library barcode number to jordanhill.library@strath.ac.uk, stating whether you would like the primary or secondary age prize, or fill a form in at the Library counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment