Pages

Friday 18 November 2011

The Hunger Games Companion and film

I've blogged before about Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy, the first of which will be out on film soon. If you want to watch the trailer, there's a link here. I've also just added to stock The Hunger Games companion by Lois H Gresh, which I was lucky enough to win in a draw from the publishers, Macmillan Children's Books. Thanks very much to them. It contains an author profile and insights into the series' main themes, such as the nature of evil and the justification, or otherwise, of rebellion and war.

The novels are at J 808.3 COL and the Companion at J 808.309 GRE (although it'll be going out on the new books' display this weekend).

2 comments:

  1. The actress they've chosen looks just right, I think. Athletic, not too glamorous. Gives me hope that they've done a good job on the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. Teen films are not my usual thing but I'm looking forward to this one having enjoyed the books so much.

    ReplyDelete