Pages

Saturday 13 March 2010

Heroes / sheroes

Lucy Coats has responded to the Guardian's illustrated list of 10 of the best children's book heroes with a poll of her own. She doesn't agree with all the Guardian's choices - read why on her blog, Scribble City Central, where she's asking you to come up with your own top 5 heroes and sheroes. You have to do this by Friday 19th when she will collate the entries and come up with two top 5s. There are prizes to win too! I haven't got my own top 5s together yet but I've backed up the person who voted for Cynthia Voigt's Dicey Tillerman. Homecoming is one of my favourite books, about a young girl whose mother has abandoned her family. Dicey leads her younger brothers and sister on a long journey to find their estranged grandmother. She's a great character - see our catalogue for this and Cynthia's other titles and please borrow them and read them!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Anabel--you are a star to flag this up. I'd love as many people to get involved and vote as possible. So I hope your readers will come up with lists and passionate defence of their own heroes/sheroes on my blog.
    Lucy @ http://scribblecitycentral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete