Pages

Sunday 15 February 2009

Special Children

The latest edition of Special Children has a couple of book-related articles:

In Story stampede, pp. 18-20, Sal McKeown finds publishers trying a wealth of approaches to help teachers motivate reluctant readers, such as graphic novels and audiobooks. She also includes tips for overcoming reluctance from Diana Kimpton of Wordpool.

Audiobooks feature again on pp. 22-24: Let’s hear it for the heroes. Teri Terry describes Young Calibre, a free postal audiobook library for dyslexic, visually impaired and physically disabled children.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up as a reluctant reader. Now I write action-adventures & mysteries, especially for tween boys, that girls and boys hate to put down. My web site is at http://www.maxbooks.9k.com and my Books for Boys blog is at http://booksandboys.blogspot.com

    I also have a short story in a new book called Lay Ups and Long Shots, published by Darby Creek Publishing. It's a Junior Library Guild selection. I'm also featured in an article in the 2009 edition of Children's Writer Guide.

    My other books are all ranked by Accelerated Reader

    Max Elliot Anderson

    ReplyDelete